Darnell Ferguson is a restaurateur and television chef who is currently a mainstay on the Food Network. Such is the prowess that he was once brought on to work as a chef for America’s National Team back during the Beijing Olympics. Chef Darnell’s path to fame has not always been an easy one. To make ends meet, Ferguson resorted to selling drugs like marijuana in school. Inevitably, it led to a short stint in prison.
Darnell Ferguson’s Wife is Tatahda Ferguson.
Chef Darnell Ferguson is married to a woman named Tatahda Ferguson. The two tied the knot back in 2016, and have been together ever since.
So far, the couple has three children together, two boys, and an older daughter named Lola. We should point out that Tatahda is a fairly private woman.
As such, details about her life remain scarce. What we could learn is that she is an American Caucasian woman who looks to be in her early-30s. This means that Chef Darnell Ferguson’s children are mixed race.
Restaurants and Locations
Chef Ferguson started his first venture back in 2012. To say that it was innovative would be an understatement. Darnell partnered with several other existing franchises in Louisville, Kentucky.
He started hosting regular pop-up breakfast buffets in these venues. Darnell specifically targeted restaurants that only offered lunch and dinner.
In 2015, chef Darnell Ferguson would set up Superchefs along 1702 Bardstown Rd, Louisville. The restaurant is famed for its modern and traditional blend of cooking.
Moreover, Darnell named this particular restaurant after a superhero in order to inspire people. Superchefs offers delicacies such as Red Velvet Pancakes, Reese Cup Pancakes, and even Pecan Pancakes.
Superchefs has had to contend with several problems along the way. The very first setback came after the original area burned down.
Fortunately for Ferguson, the community came together to help chef Darnell to re-open Superchefs once more. This venture was so successful that chef Ferguson decided to launch a second location in Alabama in 2019.
This particular establishment was called ‘Superhero Chefs.’ According to various news outlets, Darnell is set to open a second restaurant franchise, ‘Dripping Crab.’ This establishment will be located in West Jefferson, along with the Russell neighborhood.
According to Ferguson, the restaurant will focus on specialties like salmon, shrimp, and lobster tails.
Ferguson began building his net worth as he competed in the Tournament of Champions. This is a competition hosted by Guy Fieri.
Moreover, he also won other contests like the Ultimate Thanksgiving Challenge. These wins helped chef Ferguson make a name for himself on television.
Over the years, he’d feature on shows like Beat Bobby Flay, The Rachel Ray Show, and the 700 clubs. Presently, Darnell Ferguson’s net worth is estimated to be $1 million.
Darnell stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches, which, translates to 1.75 meters. Judging from his television appearances, he looks to weigh about 180 pounds.
Chef Ferguson was born on the 5th of March 1987 in Columbus, Ohio. Currently, he is 34-years old.
- Chef Ferguson’s passion for the culinary arts is something he discovered when he was still young. It encouraged him to pursue a degree from Sullivan University in Kentucky. His time at the institution was highlighted by a stint at the National Center for Hospitality Studies.
- Darnell met his business partner and close friend, Ryan Bryson. At the time, both of them were still in the sixth grade. The two would partner together back in the summer of 2012 to launch the very first Superchef’s Breakfast.
- Before he found his footing in the culinary world, chef Darnell not only faced unemployment, but also homelessness. It put him on a self-destructive journey that saw him end up in prison a few times. Ferguson would turn to religion in order to set himself straight. He also used food as a way of exorcising his personal demons.
- Ferguson and his wife and kids currently reside in Alabama.
- Apart from his work in the kitchen, Darnell also spends a lot of time taking on several community outreach programs. He regularly mentors kids and young adults alike, teaching them how to cook. This gives the children a chance to veer away from paths that might lead them into a life of crime.
- Chef Darnell Ferguson is also a humanitarian. He is actively involved with the organization known as Blessings in a Bag-pack. This sees him making several meals for kids over the weekends.
Chef Darnell Ferguso’s Wikipedia page does not exist.